A record number of 284 exhibitors and 20,700 visitors attended the traditional electricity industry fair in Eliaden, Norway. The main attraction at Hedengren Security’s stand was the adaptive evacuation system, which was of particular interest to electrical contractors and owners of major properties.
Hedengren Security, which has been operating in the Norwegian market since 2012, attended the fair in Eliaden for the first time in late May–early June. According to Lasse Knutsen, who acts as department head and fair coordinator in Norway, the record crowd at the 2022 fair was due to both the long break caused by the pandemic and the interesting products being showcased.
“The number of exhibitors was the largest since 2010 and the number of visitors the largest since 2008. After years of the pandemic, the exhibitors also had many new products to showcase,” says Knutsen.
Highest level of safety in the world
The main attraction at Hedengren Security’s stand was the world’s first adaptive evacuation system. The Prodex Firescape fire emergency light system was showcased together with the adaptive Neptolux emergency lighting system. Knutsen says that on the Norwegian market, particularly shipping companies have been interested in the adaptive system but that now more and more electric contractors and property-sector operators are showing interest in it.
“The system, which offers the highest level of fire safety in the world, provides significant added value to hotels and other properties catering to large masses or containing several emergency exits.”
Knutsen mentions the new Norwegian regulations related to emergency exiting and lighting as one of the hottest topics at the fair.
“Many of the visitors wanted to know how the new regulations affect the adaptive system. After discussing the matter, we all agreed that the new regulations and the innovative system together provide property users with the highest level of safety.”
Increased importance of availability
The fair, which attracted potential customers and partners from all over Norway, exceeded Knutsen’s expectations.
“It was great to learn that people really trust our expertise when it comes to fire safety, emergency lighting, camera surveillance and access control. Our customers have clearly noticed that we can provide them with high-quality service in various areas.”
Knutsen thinks that availability is one of the most significant value-adding factors on the Norwegian market.
“The market and operating environment are changing, so customers need reliable, local partners that can help them implement even the most challenging projects. This is our mission, and we are determined want to make it a reality with every customer.”
Part of Hedengren Security’s home market
- Hedengren Security extended its operations to Norway in 2012.
- The company is headquartered in Lier, but it also has offices in Fredrikstad, Bergen and Ålesund.
- About 40 persons work for the company in Norway.
- The company’s operation is based on close collaboration with the parent group and other Nordic sites.
- The largest customer groups are electrical contractors, designers and property owners.
- The best-selling product groups are fire and emergency lighting systems, in addition to which the company offers access control, burglar alarm, door phone and intercom, video monitoring and voice evacuation systems.
- Customers are also offered design, implementation and maintenance services.